Furnace Repair Vs. Furnace Replacement
Furnace Repair Vs. Furnace Replacement
When your furnace is on the fritz, it can be a difficult decision to decide whether to repair or replace it.
In this article, we’ll explore the pros and cons of repairing vs. replacing your furnace, so you can make the best decision for your home.
Stay warm this winter!
How To Know If You Need Furnace Repair
Here are some times when furnace repair may be the best option.
- If your furnace is still relatively new (less than 10 years old)
- If the problem seems to be a small, fixable issue (such as a broken thermostat or clogged air filter)
- If the cost of the repair is not too high in comparison to the cost of a new furnace
Advantages Of Furnace Repair
One potential advantage of repairing your furnace is the lower cost.
However, it’s important to consider the long-term costs – if you constantly have to repair an older furnace, it may end up being more expensive in the long run than just replacing it with a newer model.
Additionally, repairs may only temporarily fix the issue and not address the root problem causing your furnace to malfunction.
A new furnace, on the other hand, can provide greater efficiency and possibly lower energy bills in the long run.
That being said, it may not always be necessary to replace your entire furnace.
If only certain parts need to be replaced, or if you have a newer model that has a good lifespan left, repair may be the better option.
Pros Of Furnace Repair
- Generally less expensive than replacing the entire furnace
- Can extend the lifespan of your current furnace
Cons Of Furnace Repair
- May need frequent repairs, leading to higher long term costs
- May not be fixing underlying issues with the furnace, leading to future problems and possibly a necessary replacement anyways.
How to know if you need Furnace Replacement
Here are some times when furnace replacement may be the best option.
- If your furnace is old (more than 10 years)
- If the problem is a major issue that would cost more to repair than replace
- If you frequently have to repair your furnace, it may be more cost effective in the long run to replace it.
Pros of Furnace Replacement
- A new furnace can increase energy efficiency, potentially leading to lower utility bills
- Less chance of frequent repairs or breakdowns
- Can improve the overall comfort of your home
Cons of Furnace Replacement
- Generally more expensive upfront cost
- May take time to recoup the cost through energy savings
Ultimately, it is important to consult with a professional and discuss your options before making a decision.
First String Heating can assess the situation and advise you on the best course of action for your specific furnace and needs. Stay warm this winter!
Parker Furnace Repair and Replacement Specialists – First String Heating
Call today to schedule 303-250-4422
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Will I Save Energy By Sleeping With The Windows Open At Night
If you want to reduce your monthly expenses, sleeping with the windows open is worth considering, and so can these other easy tips.
Why Is My Furnace Filter Black?
Is your furnace filter black? There are a few reasons why your furnace filter may be turning black. So, what can you do about a black filter?
Furnace Vs. Fireplace Which One is More Efficient
Let us compare furnace vs fireplace to help you make the best decision for your home. Stay warm this winter with the most efficient heating!
$59.99 Tune-Up Special - Get your Air Conditioner Tuned Up Today!
REQUEST HVAC SERVICE
First String is your First Source for HOME Comfort
Enroll in our Comfort Club
✓ 15% off any furnace or air conditioning repair
✓ 10% off the installation of any indoor air quality products
✓ Any after hours service call will be regular rate
✓ Priority Scheduling
✓ One home safety inspection per year
✓ One precision furnace tune up per year
✓ One precision A/C tune up per year
HVAC Service for Parker, CO and Surrounding Areas
Parker, CO area HVAC
Keeping your family comfortable, healthy & safe.
Get in touch for trusted, family-owned, 24/7 service.